Friday, January 30, 2009

New shooters

Tomorrow morning, I am taking two new shooters out to the desert for some training. One of them says they shot a gun 14 years ago and the other has a gun, Glock 17, but has only shot once. I am always happy to help pass on gun knowledge, safety. and training to anyone who asks for it.

Only thing that concerns me is, the price of ammo these days. I am bringing 250 rounds of 9mm, 350 rounds of 22LR, 100 rounds of 40 S&W, 100 rounds of 45 ACP, 60 rounds of 7.62x39mm, and 200 rounds of 7.62x25mm. I expect we will probably blow through all of it, and maybe more that they brought. I estimate that for me to replace what I bring for all of them to shoot will cost me almost $200 to replace, at current prices---If I can find the ammo on the shelves to buy. That's also at Walmart prices, for what i can get from Walmart.

I hope they at least buy me lunch... Haha.